This Ancient Recipe For Ginger And Garlic Soup Fights Against Flu, Colds, Excess Mucus And Sinus Infections
With the change in temperature and cold air, the weather now is more favorable for the spread of microbes and many of us already feel cold. Instead of suffering during the day, try to cook this soup that can strengthen your immune system and alleviate the symptoms.
Health Benefits of Consuming Garlic
Garlic is high in allicin, a compound that is well-known for its antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal and antioxidant. It also has a beneficial impact on the body, lowering the blood pressure, supporting the circulatory, digestive and the immune system.
Garlic has the ability to:
– regulate the high blood pressure,
– combat allergies,
– reduce plaque on arteries,
– regulate the levels of blood sugar,
– eliminate parasites,
– reduce inflammation,
– prevent weight gain,
– alleviate sore throat,
– and ease infections of the upper respiratory tract.
Garlic is an essential source of vitamins and nutrients that can fight the symptoms of colds and flu.
Health benefits of consuming ginger
Ginger has been used for ages for the treatment of fevers, colds, digestive problems and other diseases. It is also a powerful anti-inflammatory and effective treatment for arthritis. A large number of studies have proven its efficiency in the treatment of vomiting and nausea.
Today, we offer a recipe that combines these two incredible superfoods into soup and should relieve the symptoms of colds, flu and sinus infections.
– 4 finely chopped green onions
– 50 grams of grated ginger root
– 2 finely diced garlic cloves
– 7 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
– 1 finely chopped medium-hot chili
1. Put the ginger, onions and garlic in a large saucepan and gently simmer for two minutes.
2. Add the broth and boil the soup.
3. Cook until all the ingredients become soft.
4. Add the chili and cook for 5 minutes before serving with warm bread.
If you don’t like spicy food, try replacing chili with cinnamon. You can also add carrots, broccoli and mushrooms for additional health benefits.