Moist Zucchini Loaf Made With Healthy Ingredients
Zucchini Health Benefits
Zucchini are one of the easiest foods that you can grow in your home, and they have different health benefits and nutrients. It contains a lot of fiber, meaning you should not peel the skin. They will reduce the risk of some digestion problems such as: hemorrhoids, constipation and even colon cancer!
Regarding to cancer, zucchini has flavonoids which fight against the free radicals and can prevent cancer. There was a study that included zucchini and other foods such as cabbage, avocados, and cauliflower, and they discovered that women who consumed more of these foods had a much lower risk of throat, mouth, and stomach cancers!
They also contain a lot of potassium, which our cells need so they can function. They also contain a lot of vitamin C and they are great for maintaining healthy bones and teeth, they help for iron absorption the in body and can repair injuries.
Zucchini is a great Substitute for baking
A lot of people use zucchini in their meals and they are very popular. They can be used for baking as well.
Why you should use them for baking:
• They will add moisture in your recipes.
• This way you will include more vegetables in your diet.
• You will increase fiber intake.
• They are low in calories, yet they are but filling.
• They are cheap gluten-free alternative.
Gluten-Free loaf with zucchini and chocolate
It is an amazing loaf and you can eat it during any time of the day and it is healthy and good for you.
You will need:
• 1 Cup of chocolate hazelnut butter blend
• 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup of shredded zucchini, liquid squeezed out
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
• A little bit of sea salt
1. The oven should be preheated to 400°F.
2. Mix the eggs, hazelnut butter, vanilla, maple syrup and sea salt.
3. Add the apple cider vinegar and baking soda.
4. Add the shredded zucchini.
5. Add it in a loaf pan that you previously greased and bake for 35 to 50 minutes (if you have a large loaf pan) or 24 to 28 minutes (if you use 2 small loaf pans). When a toothpick inserted in the cake goes clean it is done.
6. Leave it to cool down for few minutes and enjoy!